May 24, 2021
Summer is almost here, which means it’s time to invite your loved ones over and fire up the grill! As much as you may enjoy the warmer weather, you might not be looking forward to eating classic summer foods like corn on the cob or ribs if you’re missing several teeth or wearing unreliable dentures. If you really want to enjoy this summer to the fullest, consider rebuilding your smile with dental implants. Here’s why summer is the perfect time to get them!
The Advantages of Dental Implants
As the only tooth replacement that reconstructs every part of a missing tooth, dental implants provide several unique benefits, including:
- Renewed chewing power – Unlike dentures, dental implants bring back almost all of the chewing power you had before tooth loss.
- No slippage – Dental implants are firmly embedded in the jaw, so you can trust that they won’t slip around.
- Lifelike appearance – The dental crown, bridge, or denture that goes on top of implants is custom-made to mimic your natural pearly whites and complement your facial features.
- Jawbone preservation – By stimulating the jawbone like real tooth roots, dental implants prevent the bone loss that commonly occurs after teeth go missing.
- Long lifespan – With good oral hygiene, dental implants can last for decades!
Why Summer Is the Best Time to Get Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants wouldn’t be possible without osseointegration – the natural process of the implants merging directly with the jawbone. Osseointegration can take several months, making summer a great time to begin the process of completing your smile.
One reason why is that for a week or so after dental implant surgery, you should only eat soft foods. Many summer staples – applesauce, mashed potatoes, pudding, ice cream, etc. – are perfect for this. Even as you’re healing, you can still soak up some sun with your friends and family!
Another reason to get dental implants in the summer is that your treatment should be finished just in time for the holiday season. You’ll be able to show off your new and improved smile at all of the holiday parties!
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Are you tired of dealing with gaps in your grin? Are you frustrated with your current denture? You’ll be glad to hear that the vast majority of generally healthy adults make good candidates for dental implants! Schedule a consultation with your dentist to find out if dental implants are right for you. If so, they can help you make this summer one to remember!
About the Author
Dr. Shiloh Lindsey graduated at the top of her class from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry in 1999. After opening her own practice, she has been voted “Best Dentist in Ft. Collins” by her peers almost every year since! She partners with a network of skilled dental implant specialists to help patients rebuild their smiles. To get started, you can contact Aspen Dental Care at (970) 482-3166.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.